Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Support the Censure of President Bush!

See Feingold's resolution:

Remarks of U.S. Senator Russ Feingold Introducing a Resolution to Censure President George W. Bush

Here is the fax I sent today to Senators Obama and Durbin:

As a constituent of yours in Chicago, I ask that you please vote in favor of and speak publicly in support of Senator Feingold’s Censure Resolution introduced yesterday on the floor of the U.S. Senate.

I feel that the leaked, secret National Security Agency wire-tapping program authorized by President Bush is an obvious violation of United States law and as such the President should face impeachment in the U.S. House and at the least a censure, now, in the U.S. Senate with your support.

I feel if you do not support Senator Feingold’s Censure Resolution you will be further degrading the constitutional power and role of the congress, specifically the U.S. Senate, and as such should be voted out of office for doing so when you are next up for election.

It is difficult to fathom what more information we as citizens and Senators need to read regarding the President’s secret illegal National Security Agency wire-tapping program before we understand that further silence and inaction in the face of this most recent chipping-away of our constitutional rights brings the United States closer to crossing the line from a being a democratic republic to that of a tyranny.

Most of the people I have daily contact with feel exactly the way I do. Please take a bold step and publicly join Senator Feingold in his resolution.

Sincerely,
Dorian Breuer

2 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are an idiot.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger dorian said...

I'd like to see Senator Feingold make a run for President in 2008 on the Green Party ticket!

He'd have to reform some of his acceptance of PAC money to have that happen, but he is a solid, progressive leader.

And Mr. or Mrs. Anonymous, is "You are an idiot." the most articulate response to my fax to my senators you can muster? I'm willing to have an open and honest debate with you if you disagree with me, but instead you hide behind the anonimity of a blog comments section to lob a child's insult?

Is this really the best response there is from opponents of a censure of Bush in the Senate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

site hit counter
View My Stats